Monday, August 8, 2011

Looking Ahead to Carsland


Every week, I look at the various Disney California Adventure Expansion Project Trackers with photos of the epic scale Carsland construction (BTW, after Carsland is finished and the guests are wandering through, will anyone ever go back and look at the thousands of construction photos? - just asking). Anyway, the mountains are going up; the rides are being installed; it's truly an impressive Disney achievement. We're still about 10 months away from the opening of Carland and without a doubt, it's going to be 10 months of hype, hype from the park fans, hype from Disney, even hype from the non-Disney media. Carsland, Carsland, Carsland, it will dominate the west coast Disney park discussion.

Of course everyone will want to go, everyone will want to see, everyone will want to get on Radiator Springs Racers, Mater's Junkyard Jamboree, and Luigi's Flying Tires. Well, maybe everyone but the DisneylandTraveler. Sure I want to see the sites, ride the rides, try out the new cafe, but I have no, absolutely no desire to be first in line or be there the first day, first week, first month. If you read through this blog, you can probably get a sense that I am not a fan of crowds. To me, crowds take enjoyment and turn it into frustration. So I can wait to get into Carsland, maybe in the fall, maybe even wait until the winter. I can wait. I want enjoy Carsland, not get crushed by it.

Related Posts by Categories



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews