Do any regular Disneyland park visitors actually go into the Main St. Cinema? I'm thinking not many. Vintage black and white Disney cartoons playing on six 'screens' simultaneously, it's not the most exciting to in the park to check out. Kids will wonder where's the color. Most will think "these are old". I've seen people walk in and about 5 seconds later, walk out. Too bad. This is history. This is where it all began. Now I don't go into the Main St. Cinema on every one of my trips but every couple of years or so, I'll go in and spend a few minutes with a Mickey that most people don't remember. Attractions like this is what makes Disneyland special, remembering its history and reflecting on the past.
Sunday, July 17, 2011
The Main St. Cinema
Do any regular Disneyland park visitors actually go into the Main St. Cinema? I'm thinking not many. Vintage black and white Disney cartoons playing on six 'screens' simultaneously, it's not the most exciting to in the park to check out. Kids will wonder where's the color. Most will think "these are old". I've seen people walk in and about 5 seconds later, walk out. Too bad. This is history. This is where it all began. Now I don't go into the Main St. Cinema on every one of my trips but every couple of years or so, I'll go in and spend a few minutes with a Mickey that most people don't remember. Attractions like this is what makes Disneyland special, remembering its history and reflecting on the past.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Total Pageviews
Popular Posts
-
A Look Down the Cars Land Main Drag - From Disney Parks Blog Unlike their counterparts over at Walt Disney Studios, the Disney Parks people ...
-
Space Shuttle Endeavor Flies Over Disney Studios - Burbank Last Friday we here in California were given a treat as the now retired space shu...
-
I was asked to make 2 sets of golf clubs for 2 of my favorites, Statler and Waldorf! These were a ball to make because of the scale! It e...
-
By nature, I am a worrier. Now I certainly have far bigger worries than Christmas at Disneyland, many in fact, but still... I have a fear th...
-
So the question comment was made "if you like Disneyland so much, why do you nit-pick and have so many negative things to say? Even whe...
-
The Disneyland Railroad isn't my most favorite ride in the park but it is the most indispensable. In fact, if Mrs. DisneylandTraveler an...
-
Model of the FF&P Cafe from the L.A. Times I've never eaten at the new Fiddler, Fifer, and Practical Cafe located on Buena Vista Str...
-
Disneyland seems to be all about guest safety these days and that's probably a good thing. The Matterhorn sleds were changed to make the...
-
Life can get pretty complicated on occasion. There are ups. There are downs. Sometimes it seems like a thrill a minute as the saying goes. W...
-
They keep teasing us, and teasing us but last week Disney posted a short video to YouTube of a ride on their new Radiator Springs Racers. Th...



0 comments:
Post a Comment