Monday, January 9, 2012

No Soup For You and Other Short Takes

 
The mighty Matterhorn now closed
As mentioned in a previous post on Saturday my Disney Christmas kind of fell by the wayside this year. I just didn't have what it takes to give The Disneyland Traveler a whole lot of thought for the last month or so. My biggest regret? I didn't take the time to go see Disney's The Muppets movie over the holidays as I had planned... I would imagine the video will hit the stores sometime in March....

Lines...I miss being down at Disneyland during the Christmas season....what I don't miss are the massive lines that appear during the Christmas school break...park visitors sent back pictures of the sign in the DL hub that posts wait times and where stand-by times for every listed attraction went over 60 minutes...Would have driven me crazy...

Winter is here and it is time for the usual refurbishments. Of course there is the usual 3 week closures for the Haunted Mansion and it's a small world to remove the holiday overlays...HM is closed now and when that comes back later this month iasw goes down... Most refurbishments on the calendar will be relatively brief from a few days to a week or so...except...the Matterhorn is now closed until mid-June to install the new bobsleds and to give the venerable mountain a makeover....Also closed until the summer season is the whole section of Main St that houses the Blue Ribbon Bakery (now replaced by the Jolly Holly Bakery), the Candy Palace, the Penny Arcade, the Coca-Cola Refreshment Corner, and alas...the Carnation Cafe. As confirmed by Disney Parks Blog, there will be no Loaded Baked Potato Soup served until the new and improved (with an indoor seating section) Carnation Cafe returns probably sometime in May. No Baked Potato soup? That almost would be a deal breaker as far as making a trip down to Disneyland for Mrs. DisneylandTraveler. 

ElecTRONica continues on though...ugh!

Star Tours opened 25 years ago today...in January?... I can't imagine Disneyland opening any major attraction outside of the summer season anymore.

Do to a misfire accident, the holiday fireworks display did not go off something like 8 of the 9 days that led up to New Years Eve...bummer...the fireworks did go off as scheduled on New Years Eve but the entire park was shrouded in a mysterious looking thick fog...you can check the pictures and videos out on the internet but the whole evening, while festive, was pretty eerie looking...

I don't really make any New Year's resolutions but I do know this...if I don't take off some weight my poor knees while have a hard time taking a Disneyland pounding when that next trip comes around... 

Related Posts by Categories



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews