Wednesday, July 20, 2011

My Goosebump Moment


I forget the exact title but there was a thread going around the discussion board on MousePlanet talking about memorable moments at Disneyland. Everybody has memorable moments but I thought about the times when the rush of emotion brought my skin to the goosebump stage, when the eyes began to well up with well....you know. "Are you crying?"  Sniffle, sniffle, "No".

For recent goosebump moments, I seem to recall the first time seeing Aladdin and Jasmine on that flying carpet, seeing Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln again after his several year disappearing act, seeing the Up and Wall-E segments in World of Color. They were all goosebump moments and I'm sure there are others.

But probably my all time, hands down, goosebump moment was hearing the gut-wrenching, heartbreaking "Baby Mine" while looking into the night sky and seeing a flying elaphant. The first time I saw Dumbo in Magical, I was alone. I don't know where Mrs. DisneylandTraveler was but I'm sure it had to do with being tired and back at the hotel. So I was fortunate, in a way, there was no one to ask "Are you crying?"  I don't think I would have gotten away with saying "No".

Related Posts by Categories



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews